I remember when I ordered Trust Agents. I was so thrilled. Soon I would have DHL on my doorstep with my latest shopping cart capture. I shared with a friend about my latest checkout on Amazon. He said: Oh! That one is not so new, you might find it a bit antiquated. Now I know that the authors Chris Brogan and Julien Smith frequently update their New York Times Bestseller. They are guarding their turf, so to speak. Thus, I was never worried. I was still thrilled. In this post I will give you some take aways I received when I read the book. I will also share why I believe you need to read Trust Agents. (affiliate link).
Social Media Detox
Sometimes people make a spring cleaning for their health. Have you ever done a detox cleanse? (I have failed two times). Detox is good for your health because of all the artificial substances that we eat. Today, Internet is saturated, with artificial social media quick fixes which poisons your potential online success. I felt already after reading a couple of chapters how this book turned into being a true social media detox. Trust Agents will cleanse your system from quick fixes. And learn what it really takes; to using the web to build influence, improve reputation, and earn trust.
A How To Manual
We all know that people don’t like manual’s, or, do we? I remember when I bought my new Nikon camera. I threw the manual over my shoulder, I thought: I don’t need to read it. But I must admit. I was crawling back for that manual after a while when it appeared to me; that I will never shoot epic pictures with the auto setting (when-you-only-push-the-button-setting). It’s the same thing with branding and online marketing. An “auto approach mindset” will not build influence on the Web. This is a marathon. And YOU have to make your own game. You can’t give away your responsibility to someone who is preaching quick fixes. This book is a blueprint, a pillar, a foundation, the how to manual for doing it right online.
This is a smart book to read before you start your online career movement. Are you already a savvy swimmer in the online marketing pond? Don’t worry, this book will always be a perfect match for you. Because it’s a manual, remember? Although, this book is primarily about using the Web, the skills of Trust Agent can be applied to many endeavors.
Tasty Bullet Points
Learn for instance how to:
- Make your own game. By making your own game and forcing your competitors to keep up, you leave them at a disadvantage at every turn.
- One of us. Being seen as connected with others is very useful in any people-facing job, learn how to leverage this principle on the Web or off.
- The Archimedes effect. Leverage means never again having to reinvent the wheel. It never goes out of style.
- Agent zero. Create a wide network and you will never be in need of work. Connecting with others and building small, powerful networks is useful in ever kind of role. Both online and offline.
- Build an Army. Great leaders are not the best doing their jobs. They are the best at helping others to grow. The more people you have vouching for you, the wider your reputation spreads.
This book has not expired. TRUST ME. I believe Trust Agents provides the reader with immortal business principles. Reading this book, will instantly create an advantage for your career and your business. You want to create an advantage, don’t you? Grab your copy here! (affiliate link).