If you can’t see the video click here!
In this video, I interview a person I respect very much. Let’s welcome my friend Robert Caruso. Robert is a long time technology, sales and marketing executive, a father of 2 and passionate about tech and social media. Robert loves coffee. He is always talking about coffee. Thus, I can’t enter a coffee shop without start thinking about him. I met Robert on Twitter. We are also in the same Social media mastermind group [#socialMM]. Robert is probably one of the most social media savvy persons I know. He is the founder of Bundle Post, a social content management system. I’m so grateful that Robert could join us, share his insights, and help you and me improve our online branding strategies. BIG thanks Robert!
A while ago, it happened again. A business savvy person asked me: We need to reach out fast, what do you think about buying likes on Facebook? I thought for myself: Ohh, gosh! This must come to and end. People are grossly mislead by likes, followers, fans, Klout scores and community metrics. You and I, we need to start looking soberly at these metrics. (Note, however, I never said that those numbers are irrelevant).
You Are Fooled
It doesn’t’ make sense when brands fools us, by buying likes, followers and cheating the system. Robert wrote two great posts regarding this topic, and in this video he elaborate what he meant.
Robert’s Blog Posts:
- Social Media Revolution – You Will Get Called Out
- Social Media Is Becoming A Pressure Cooker That’s About To Explode
Questions I Asked Robert
- So Robert, You obviously not believe tweeting iPad, once and then, gives you 20 000 new spam followers?
- Can you elaborate what you meant with those posts?
- What do you think is the reason why people try to cheat the system?
- Why in the world, are we obsessed of these numbers?
- Why are we having these numbers a standard?
- How does this false facade impact the industry?
- Where do you see we are heading with this discussion, what does it take before the Pressure Cooker Will Explode?
- What is Steamfeed?
- Let’s flip side on the coin and talk about how to do it right, how to build a real online brand?
- If you were going to start over again with your online brand, what would you take from your past experiences, and what would you leave?
- Please tell us about your daily online, social media routines, and what tools are you using?
- Where can folks learn more about you?