Mattias realized that iGoMoon has been losing some quotes due to a “trigger-happiness” lately. This means that sales quotes get sent to customers too quickly in the sales process, before Account Managers have qualified needs, and committed the customer for a quote presentation.
He blames himself for not been foreseen and communicating this to the Account Managers. Right now the sales team has been working on a new qualifying framework to solve this. By asking the customer questions about the goals, timing, and budget. Mattias thinks you should cover the following criteria to be able to send a quote.
- Understand the Goal(s):
- “What goals do you want to achieve? current status Vs. dream status? Any challenges?”
- “Dear customer can you help me understand, the challenges and goals you described, if we would be able to help you with these, would there be a budget available for this?”
- [Also, understand – “What is stakeholders’ knowledge/experience to understand the scope? Do we need to educate them about it?”]
- When in time would you like to implement [solution]?
- Have they “expressed concrete needs?”
- Book a next step [quotation presentation]. “Don’t send the quote before the meeting”. We have learned it’s very hard to get the customer back into the discussion when a quote is misunderstood.
💡 EPISODE TAKE AWAY
Don’t be too trigger happy when a customer is asking for a quote and don’t forget to qualify and commit the customer first.